025 – In this episode, Heather interviews LGBTQ+ activist Susan Buss, LCSW. Susan is the president of her private practice, Big Sky Consulting, Inc where she sees adolescents and adults. She has 35 years of experience in social work, working in community agencies as well as teaching at the Masters level. In addition to psychotherapy, Susan facilitates different workshops working with transgender people, focusing on healthy dating, and overcoming hoarding. She is the proud mom of a transgender child.
Susan imparts her wisdom, shedding light on and offering a basic education of gender identity, specifically the transgender experience. She shares valuable resources which are all listed below.
- Trans Lifeline 877-565-8860
- PFLAG – transgender support
- Human Rights Campaign – transgender resources
- WPATH – World Professional Association of Transgender Health
- Lurie Children's Hospital
- The Gender Quest Workbook
- The Survival Guide for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, and Questioning Teens
- The Transgender Child: A Handbook for Families and Professionals
- TomboyX – Hip and comfy clothes and undergarments for all sizes, gender neutral
Do you LOVE Just Breathe? Receive new episodes as soon as they launch, as well as Heather's monthly newsletter Small Exhales and other fabulous resources by:
- Signing up for her email list HERE
- Sharing your feedback HERE
- Rating Just Breathe HERE
- Connecting through Instagram and Facebook (@chrysalismama) and Twitter (@chrysalismama1)
- Bookmarking her website as your go-to for LGBTQ education!
Remember that you are not alone on this journey!
Support the show (https://www.buymeacoffee.com/HeatherHester)