038 – In this episode, Heather interviews Andrew Jordan Nance, founder of Mindful Arts San Francisco whose mission is to provide literary and arts-based mindfulness instruction to youth at underserved San Francisco schools. He has been an educator for over 25 years and is the author of four mindfulness books.
Mindfulness is such a valuable practice for all human beings, and Heather has found it particularly helpful the past four years.
Andrew shares practical advice on cultivating a mindfulness practice, as well as engaging stories and examples throughout the interview. A few of the topics include:
* Understanding mindfulness as connection with the mind, heart, and the body.
* Responding wisely vs. reacting blindly
* Incorporating mantras such as: Today may I be kind. Today may I be focused. Today may I be curious.
Contact Heather directly at email@example.com
Do you LOVE Just Breathe? Receive new episodes as soon as they launch, as well as Heather's monthly newsletter Small Exhales and other fabulous resources by:
- Signing up for her email list HERE
- Sharing your feedback HERE
- Rating Just Breathe HERE
- NEW!! Refer friends and family for awesome rewards HERE
- Connecting through Instagram and Facebook (@chrysalismama) and Twitter (@chrysalismama1)
- Bookmarking her website as your go-to for LGBTQ education!
Remember that you are not alone on this journey!
Support the show (https://www.buymeacoffee.com/HeatherHester)