041 – In this episode, Heather shares an overview of Pride history, including the Stonewall Riots, why the pink triangle is a global symbol, and how the rainbow flag became the symbol for LGBTQ+ pride. She begins with the following anonymous quote:
"LGBTQ pride was not born of a need to celebrate being LGBTQ, but our right to exist without persecution. So instead of wondering why there isn't a straight pride, be thankful you don't need one."
If this episode piques your curiosity about the history of Pride, check out some of Heather's favorite resources:
* The History Channel
Gay & Lesbian History for Kids: The Century-Long Struggle for LGBT Rights
Pride: The Story of the LGBTQ Equality Movement
What was Stonewall? (One of the "What was? Who was? books)
Stonewall: The Definitive Story of the LGBTQ Rights Uprising That Changed America
We Are Everywhere
Tag Heather on Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter @JustBreathePride2021 for a chance to win this adorable Pride basket!
Click HERE for Heather's Coming Out Process Cheat Sheet!
Contact Heather directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
Do you LOVE Just Breathe? Receive new episodes as soon as they launch, as well as Heather's monthly newsletter Small Exhales and other fabulous resources by:
- Signing up for her email list HERE
- Sharing your feedback HERE
- Remember you can review Just Breathe on your listening app of choice OR you can Review Just Breathe HERE
- Refer friends and family for awesome rewards HERE
- NEW!! Do you want to help spread awareness and let others know they are not alone? Order Heather's new t-shirt HERE!
- Connecting through Instagram and Facebook (@chrysalismama) and Twitter (@chrysalismama1)
- Bookmarking her website as your go-to for LGBTQ education!
Remember that you are not alone on this journey!
Support the show (https://www.buymeacoffee.com/HeatherHester)