039 – In this episode, Heather discusses biphobia and the five most common LGBTQ+ myths. Like transphobia, biphobia is common in both the heterosexual community and the LGBTQ+ community, making it exponentially more isolating and difficult to combat. Heather shares facts and ways that we all can be good allies and advocates.
She also shares the five most common LGBTQ+ myths and easy responses when you are faced with these myths.
1. Being LGBTQ+ is a choice.
2. Being LGBTQ+ can be "cured."
3. The parents did something wrong.
4. The Bible condemns being LGBTQ+.
5. Being LGBTQ+ is contagious.
Here are the links she talks about in this episode:
Detailed definition of Biphobia
Robin Ochs website
Bisexual Index – Biphobia
Bisexual Index – Bisexuality
Strong Family Alliance
Click HERE for Heather's Coming Out Process Cheat Sheet!
Contact Heather directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
Do you LOVE Just Breathe? Receive new episodes as soon as they launch, as well as Heather's monthly newsletter Small Exhales and other fabulous resources by:
- Signing up for her email list HERE
- Sharing your feedback HERE
- Reviewing Just Breathe HERE
- NEW!! Refer friends and family for awesome rewards HERE
- Connecting through Instagram and Facebook (@chrysalismama) and Twitter (@chrysalismama1)
- Bookmarking her website as your go-to for LGBTQ education!
Remember that you are not alone on this journey!
Support the show (https://www.buymeacoffee.com/HeatherHester)