024 – Heather’s husband, Steve, was so blown away by Connor’s three episodes that he suggested a recap episode to highlight the emotional journey and lessons learned from their perspective. They both also thought it would be great for all of the resources mentioned to live in one place.
- An in-depth look at specific moments during their journey
- Which decisions were fantastic and which were underwhelming at best
- Specific takeaways and thoughts to ponder
- A look into her soul the soul of her family
Resources, resources, resources!!!
- Need help finding a therapist for your child or yourself? THIS is a great place to start!
- Support groups for you and your child:
- Freed Hearts
- The Trevor Project
- National Council on Family Relations
- Education – this is a sample – go to my website for MUCH more!
- GSA Network
- The Family Acceptance Project
- Advocates for LGBTQ Youth
- Understanding Mental Health and Substance Use Specific to your LGBTQ child
- Mental Heath – HERE and HERE
- Substance Use and Abuse – HERE and HERE
- How to find an Educational Consultant – HERE
- Newport Academy
- Want to start a gratitude practice – THIS article and THIS book have valuable guidance
- My favorite meditation teacher and website
- On making mistakes – This article and this Brene Brown YouTube video
Do you LOVE Just Breathe? Receive new episodes as soon as they launch, as well as Heather’s monthly newsletter Small Exhales and other fabulous resources by:
- Signing up for her email list HERE
- Sharing your feedback HERE
- Rating Just Breathe HERE
- Connecting through Instagram and Facebook (@chrysalismama) and Twitter (@chrysalismama1)
- Bookmarking her website as your go-to for LGBTQ education!
Remember that you are not alone on this journey!
Support the show (https://www.buymeacoffee.com/HeatherHester)