043 – In this episode, Heather and her 15-year-old daughter Grace have a thoughtful and enlightening discussion about pronouns. Grace has wisdom far beyond her 15 years, and yet is acutely in touch with the teenage experience. If you are curious about how to use pronouns properly and what they mean, this is the episode for you!
Here are four tips from linguistics specialist, Dr. Kirby Conrad:
1. Slow down! Plan your speech. Meeting another’s need sometimes means talking carefully and thoughtfully.
2. If you’re correct, LISTEN! Do not talk over someone if they are correcting you. Be humble and cultivate awareness.
3. Don’t make excuses. Period.
4. If you mess up, correct yourself briefly and don’t make a big deal out of it. You are human, it’s going to happen.
You can listen to his podcast episode HERE
Click HERE for Heather's Coming Out Process Cheat Sheet!
Contact Heather directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
Do you LOVE Just Breathe? Receive new episodes as soon as they launch, as well as Heather's monthly newsletter Small Exhales and other fabulous resources by:
- Signing up for her email list HERE
- Sharing your feedback HERE
- Remember you can review Just Breathe on your listening app of choice OR you can Review Just Breathe HERE
- Refer friends and family for awesome rewards HERE
- NEW!! Do you want to help spread awareness and let others know they are not alone? Order Heather's new t-shirt(or sweatshirt or mug!) HERE!
- Connecting through Instagram and Facebook (@chrysalismama) and Twitter (@chrysalismama1)
- Bookmarking her website as your go-to for LGBTQ education!
Remember that you are not alone on this journey!
Support the show (https://www.buymeacoffee.com/HeatherHester)